drank Kokomo Green by DAVIDsTEA

Well, my friends, unlike other fruit blends, this one has a higher tea to fruit chunks ratio and if you brew following the label instructions, I’m going out on a limb and say that you will not like it!

5 minutes?!? Oh my good god. I steeped it for just over three minutes and it was bitter. Have you ever had bitter melon? It is to date the only food I cannot eat. Ditto for this tea!! Also you may wish to dial back on the amount of tea. I made originally just over two cups and thus put in two DAVIDs TEA perfect measure spoon thingy worth of tea. Label says 1.25 tsp (am assuming per 8 oz cup). I really think someone screwed this one up. The 2 tsp of dry leaf turned into half a cup of wet leaves, if not more!

Nose: ripe papaya; Liquor was a strange shade of orangey green and taste, well, bitter melon!

Down the drain it went.

Back to the drawing board: I sacrificed the sample of Mango Fruit Punch (which consisted of a disappointing two pieces of dry tangerine/orange, 4 tiny chunks of dried pineapple and some jerky looking thing I can only assume to be mango peel) and combined it with a scant tsp of Kokomo green for just under 2 cups of hot water. Temperature be damned but it was somewhere around boiling, I’d say 90 ish. Steeped for exactly two minutes. It is now a drinkable beverage with bitter finish only.

Buy large quantity of this at your own peril. (I hope Dexter3657 is not reading this because she’ll cluck her tongue and moan “I told you to be careful”).

The moral: blend it maybe, but definitely use less and as others have said, do not oversteep (maybe taste at 2.5 minutes and decide)

Dexter3657

LOL I’m not saying anything other than – just consider this another step in your tea journey. Every step will be a continuation of the journey, but not every step will be pleasant or easy.

Steeping parameters for a flavored green 200F for 5 min? That just seems wrong to me…….

Cavocorax

When they do it that high it makes me think the blend is very tea – light. You can’t wreck green leaves if there aren’t any…

Ira funny though – I’m enjoying it. (Mostly icedz). I can’t remember how long I steeped it, but I bought 50g on a whim so I guess it’s good that I’ll drink it!

Comments

Dexter3657

Cavocorax

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada