drank Kokomo Green by DAVIDsTEA

It is with great excitement I announce I made a good cup of iced Kokomo green! I say “with great excitement” because I was really kicking myself for buying this after two first disastrous attempts.

I lowered the temperature and used less tea, much less than the label suggests. It’s got great flavour now but a little on the weak side. I still have to play with the tea amount to see if i can get it a touch stronger minus the bitterness but all in all — progress!!!

I am not changing my rating because I still think they screwed this label up but I feel a little guilty. Thing is, it’s a finicky and unforgiving tea!

CHAroma

Lowering the temperature usually does wonders for green tea bitterness. Not sure what temp you used, but I’d recommend going as low as 175°F.

Comments

CHAroma

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada