drank Tropicalia by DAVIDsTEA

If you like Pina Colada
And getting caught in the rain…

Tell me you’re not singing that in your head when you think of this tea! Or maybe not, if you’re a gen Y-er. Ugh, did I just date myself?

I do not like Pina Colada. Therefore, I am not a huge fan of this tea. It tastes good iced but i cannot comment on it as a hot tea as I have not and will not try it hot.

It’s not picky when it comes to steeping time or temperature but fairly monotone in the way of flavour notes. Coconut and coconut. It’s strange because the wet leaves (can you call it leaves if there’s no tea?) are mostly fruit chunks yet for me it tastes entirely of coconut. And it’s oh so sweet.

Dry leaf nose is all coconut. too much, too sweet coconut (as opposed to a nice whiff of it like in the organic buttered rum). Liquor is deep yellow and tastes like coconut water. ditto for the aftertaste.