drank Wild Cherry by Cornelia Bean

After taking repeated sniffs of the dry leaf i swear it smells faintly of chocolate but theres no chocolate in here according to the ingredient list. So i sniffed it again. maybe it smells like really concentrated dry fruit. I love the smell! I smelled the wet leaves too but I’m not getting any cherry off those. Just tea and a faint floral aroma.

At 1.5 tsp for 2 minutes with near boiling water, this tea can put hair on your chest. Ok, maybe just my chest. Liquor is a clear, deep reddish brown. Sadly, not too much cherry in the 1st steep, sweetened, hot version. Moderately astringent. Slight cherry aftertaste but still more floral than anything else. Loong aftertaste. In go some ice cubes and more sugar while water boils for 2nd steep. Not a whole lot of change between hot and iced version. Aroma doesn’t really match the nose in my opinion (Note to self: 1.5 tsp of this is too much tea for me).

2nd steep: Less astringent, thank goodness, I was going to get me some tweezers! Still searching for cherry. Nope. Not here.

While I am thankful it doesn’t have fake cherry flavour, I would not in a million years know this was a cherry tea in a blind tasting. I either need more practice or there’s only enough cherry in here so we cal call it cherry but not so we can taste the cherry. Although there are dried cherries in the dry leaf, I saw one. Ok, I actually licked it. Hey, It’s my tea, I can do what I want!

Thank you, Dexter3657 for the marvel of a box you sent my way, including this one.