drank Eight Candles by Della Terra Teas

I really was going to have the pineapple bacon from 52teas this morning but in the end this tea won me over with its colourful additions to the dry leaf. I decided to drink it almost before I knew what it was about but once I read the description the decision was solidified. Marshmallow and caramel? But of course! It smells sweet. It is sweet but not enough for me, of course I had to add sugar. (I can hear some of you gasping from way over here!).

Golden brown liquor, slightly opaque. Astringency, zero. I think I remember a note where someone said it was very astringent. Ummm.. 1 tsp for 8 oz, 2 minutes with boiling water gave me no astringency at all. I would never dare go for the 5 minute steep, I’m just not there yet. I am not fond of astringency. And for those enjoying the wine references, you’d typically lay down a very tannic bottle of red for a couple or more years so the tannins can mellow out. Nobody likes to feel like they took a big bite of paper napkin.

As for this tea, as it cools to a drinkable temperature, it is marshmallow but theres a funky taste to it. I don’t know enough about tea to tell you what this is. There is a powdery sediment in my jar and usually nothing goes through the fine mesh of DAVIDs Steeper.
Aftertaste is marshmallow with funk. The rating is mostly for my future tea purchases because I doubt I’ll remember all of them as I continue to drink increasing amounts and wider varietals.