drank Neapolitan Honeybush by 52teas

For my first honeybush I decided to try this one because it’s a big favourite of Dexter3657 ’s and she generously shared this with me.

I might have overstepped, I didn’t put a timer on and I kinda forgot. I didn’t forget for too long but hit might have been a minute or so over the recommended time. Maybe 7 minutes? Will do this properly the next time.

I had Neapolitan ice cream only once many many years ago. I am not a huge chocolate fan so if I wanted strawberry ice cream, well, I just bought strawberry ice cream. Chocolate is growing on me in the last few years. It came with a 3-month pastry chef stint. When you have to taste everything, and it surrounds you, you start eating it.

This tea, therefore, does not bring memories of Neapolitan ice cream. It has a funky smell when brewed which I’m sure I will later learn its probably the Rooibos. Thankfully the funky smell is not in the taste too much. Maybe more so on the aftertaste and as it cools. I think this is a tea that could grow on me.

Must try other Rooibos teas so I can compare and figure out flavour. I do get the sour note people are writing bout.

Crap…should have tossed in some della terra rooibos for you. Remind me next time there is talk of another package going to you lol

Nxtdoor

Sweet baby jebus.

Comments

Nxtdoor

Sweet baby jebus.

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada