drank Long Life Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

I tried to drink this without sugar but it tasted bland and I guess oolong-y. Maybe drinking without sugar is like cooking without salt? Blech.

Moving on… I steeped for 5 minutes and I used a DAVIDs disposable filter (bag) since I’m at work and don’t have all my accessories here. Now I heard someone say that the difference between the bagged loose leaf and the one steeped via infuser is huge so maybe I’ll drink this again at home because… I don’t get what the fuss is with this tea. I certainly don’t get the oh my god peach flavour that others seem to have gotten. Is in the aftertaste, absolutely, and it’s very pleasant, I just wish it actually tasted like this. I only get mild peach while sipping. It’s not a bad tea at all but I’m a sucker for bold flavouring. (The blueberry jam from DAVIDs also disappointed me in the flavour department but that’s another note altogether). Why of why is it that some of these teas that smell so friggin amazing when dry just don’t come through??

24 Hours Later

I resteeped this tea a day later. Is it bad I left it so long? And it was really really good and peachy. I have never tasted this much difference between subsequent steeps. Are all oolongs like that?

katgolik

I never sweeten DT ..ruins it in my mind anyways.
I’m not in love with this tea either there are much better fruity Oolongs …also with Oolong apparently resteeping makes a whole new cup of tea just keep the teabag or loose steeped tea for another round.There are better ones out there in my opinion so I agree with your review:-)

Comments

katgolik

I never sweeten DT ..ruins it in my mind anyways.

Toronto Canada