drank Coco-Lemon Thai by DAVIDsTEA

Gorgeous day. Came home from work quite thirsty. Put the kettle on and tried to decide between Pink Passionfruit and this one, not having tried either before now. Looked at the score, read some notes, seems people favour this one (because the other has the much dreaded hibiscus). I do like hibiscus so we’ll see about that one later this evening.

For me, the nose is coconut and lemon. Not lemon grass but lemon — must be the lemon myrtle. Smells really really good and sweet. Brews a ginger coloured liquor, not quite clear.

The flavour is predominantly lemongrass. I steeped for 4 minutes. Did not overleaf but am getting slight bitterness. Possibly water a smidge too hot. Is this tea that finicky? Looking forward to the likely milder and not bitter second steep.

This could be like Kokomo green. Treat it nice and it will be a good friend.

Forgot to mention I’m drinking it iced. I thought it was implied by “got home thirsty” but in case you were wondering… If I had this hot, well, I might want to throw glass noodles in there, a pinch of salt, chili flakes and call it soup.

scribbles

I too found this one a little finicky as a hot brew….bought due to recommendation from colleague. She said it was fantastic iced….we’ll see…

Dexter

I would be really interested in knowing how that mad scientific experiment goes, tea into soup. I might need to try that…..

Nxtdoor

I do have rice noodles on the counter right now, cooked off already. But if I do do this, you bet I will not tell a soul!