drank Genmaicha Japanese by Tealux

Hey folks, Great news… I didn’t add sweetener to this tea!

I might have killed it a little (water too hot) because it’s a teensy bit bitter but I like it. And I like it just as is! Now this is likely because I eat a lot of sushi and all the Japanese restaurants serve green tea that tastes little like this. And they never give you sugar. So I got used to drinking it sans sucre. Hello familiar taste! Now where’s my sushi?!?

2 minute steep, 1 perfect measure.

Dry it smells toasty, a little like popcorn. There’s popped kernels in there too. A pale yellow liquor. Tastes like popcorn (or toasted rice, the bag says).

Thank you goes to Dexter3657 who sent me too many teas for me to ever be able to reciprocate.

Kittenna

I think that the act of steeping genmaicha should cause a plate of sushi to magically appear. Mmmmmm.

Comments

Kittenna

Toronto Canada