I will be enjoying a few cups of this courtesy of Dexter3657 . It probably would have been a while before purchasing Verdant on my own since a) it is a little pricy and b) I would have been afraid I’m not ready for such goodness.

I don’t know much and since the bag says laoshan village chai — black I brewed it like a black tea. Afterwards I read all about the stovetop method and also infusing milk but alas, too late. I probably would have been too lazy to do the stovetop thing.

I like it, the spices are nice and everything, but can I ask why this tea tastes almost like milk at the end of the sip of the 1st steep?!?

The second steep doesn’t have the milky taste, it’s all ginger and cardamom.

I really wish I liked milk so I could drink this like I’m supposed to.

I should add — although it has nothing to do with tea — that it’s my last tea for the evening, and possibly the last in the next 24 hours. I’m having oral surgery first thing tomorrow and I’m supposed to stop drinking/eating for at least 8 hours before. And afterwards, well, one can assume that I might not be thinking about tea right away. So that’s why I picked this, I wanted to have something good!

yyz

Actually you might be having tea sooner than you think. The tannins in black tea can help to stem any residual bleeding in the mouth. Anyways hope it’s nothing major and that it goes well.