drank Cheeky Lychee by DAVIDsTEA

It turns out the new HR manager at work has a daughter who works for DAVIDs. When I first met her, in the staff room, I had no idea who she was, what she did or anything at all. She caught me looking at a box a bagged tea in the cupboard and she started a conversation with me based on that. Next thing I know we’re in there talking about tea for 30 minutes. She ends the conversation by saying “anyway, I have more tea than I can drink, I’ll have to bring it in”. True to her word, this morning there are several bags of DT in there, some of then unopened.

This here is one of the teas. Not overly flavourful or aromatic but one could tell that there is, indeed, lychee in the tea. I wonder what this would be cold steeped. Maybe it would surprise in the flavour department, just like the Blueberry Jam did?!?

1.5 tsp, near boiling water (no thermometer at work), 3 minutes. I put a hefty amount of sugar in there to bring out some flavour and now I have some really sweet lightly flavoured black tea. The base is not too strong, not astringent at all but not much of anything going on.

Maybe I’ll pinch a teaspoon worth and cold steep at home in a tiny jar.

JustJames

i’m about to try ‘imperial lychee’ by tealish, not sure how it will be either. awesome that you have a real life tea buddy!