drank Momo (Peach) by Lupicia

Well, I wondered about this tea for long enough. thanks to Sil it’s in my cup and I can stop wondering. Turns out I wasn’t missing much.

Sometimes I feel like I’m deficient somehow and can’t get flavour out of these teas. But then some teas come along and give me confidence again that I can taste flavours and I can make a yummy cup. No, there’s no happy ending here. This tea makes me doubt my taste buds yet again. Who are these people raving about peach? (And why does my iPad want to correct “peach” to "preschool?)

I’ve made it hot and tried. I added sugar and tried. Poured it over ice and tried. Someone is trying to pull the wool over my eye with this one. I had fantasies about ripe, flavourful, juicy peaches. I’m getting instead that disappointment you get from eyeing a gorgeous piece of fruit only to bite in it and find it mealy and cardboard-y. Waaaah!

I really don’t mean to be harsh but I’m getting mostly black tea. I can’t even smell the peach. It’s not awful or anything, it’s just not peachy.