I’m reading “the secret daughter” by Shilpi Somaya Gowda and oh my gosh, they’re in India and well, it’s chai this and chai that until I couldn’t take it anymore and went to the stash from Dexter3657 and killed the sample! I must do two things a) buy more of this and b) try other companies’ chai to see what’s out there. Although, why look for better when you have the best, right?

Although, note to self, this doesn’t go very well with the raw shallots from my quinoa Greek salad. I have to have a few tiny sips to cleanse the palate.

Great chai, the best I’ve had so far. I still need to buy almond milk.

this version is slightly different from previous versions. I personally like verdant’s previous version to this slightly better :)

Nxtdoor

Are you trying to burst my happy bubble? :)

TastyBrew

@sil, what was the previous version? Just different LB or different recipe?

never nxtdoor! tasty – not sure…but website says: New winter formulation with tulsi, thai ginger, clove, and more. helpful i know…

Bonnie

You can always buy just the chai spice mix and add the black tea you prefer. I happen to love the winter winter ginger blend and add black tea (usually laoshan black) to it.

Sorry…dumb Kindle…1 Winter!

Nxtdoor

Wow. I never thought of adding things to the dry leaf, certainly had no idea one could buy spice mixes. Thanks. I probably won’t do it but it’s good information to have!

Bonnie

In time. I love to cook..so eventually as I became more comfortable with tea I began to experiment. I cook with tea sometimes too.

Comments

Nxtdoor

Are you trying to burst my happy bubble? :)

TastyBrew

@sil, what was the previous version? Just different LB or different recipe?

Sorry…dumb Kindle…1 Winter!

Bonnie

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada