I requested a sample of this with my order and Stacy was kind enough to oblige. I made this first thing this morning and was quite excited because the dry leaf smells so good and the reviews on here were so favourable. Which is maybe what set me up…

The smell of the brewed tea is mostly black tea, followed by banana. For the taste I expected out of the ball park banana but I didn’t get that. It’s a muted flavour, more like banana walnut bread or some baked good featuring banana. Once you get past the juicy banana expectation — which I shouldn’t have had, not even given the name, I know! — the tea is quite enjoyable. You can smell it as it sits there on the table. I allowed it to cool and the flavour does come out a little more.

For the resteep I sweetened with maple syrup. I was itching to see what would happen. Sorry Stacy, hope you don’t think less of me for ruining perfectly good tea. But it was oh so delicious with the maple syrup, as I knew it would be, and I couldn’t resist. Yummy!!

High Adventure

Maple syrup in tea? What whaat? You’re an innovator!

Nxtdoor

It’s a Canadian thing :)

High Adventure

That makes perfect sense. :)

maple syrup in smokey wonderful teas = the best time ever. I also love maple syrup in keemuns…. mmmm

i don’t often add sweetner to teas but maple syrup to straight blacks is wonderful!

TheTeaFairy

Glad you like this one :-)