I had all these plans for what I would do with my July tea budget but I think by July I am going to be scrapping most of the plans.

This afternoon I really wished I had ordered the Grapefruit Dragon like I originally intended to. It is beautifully sunny out and I’m making snapper with dill beurre blanc (fancy way of saying white butter dill sauce). I need a tea to go with it as there’s no white wine in the house. So thought to myself “self, you should have bought the grapefruit dragon!”

Oh well, next time.

Onto this tea. I wanted a green tea and I wanted the pistachio ice cream. Oh looky here, the pistachio icecream is a green tea! And to top it off, i had just I bought almond milk. Now I’m sure I’m zapping all the green tea healthy properties by adding sugar and almond milk but hey, it’s my tea.

I did try it without milk at first. I’m not really eloquent with this stuff so I’ll just tell you I get mostly pistachio, which is fine because that’s exactly why I bought this. Vegetal? Forget it. And here I thought green teas were mostly barely flavoured warm water. Nay!

I steeped using butiki parameters because I trust them more than I trust me at his point and I got a almost clear but not quite liquor which tasted and smelled like roasted pistachio. I should really drink this cold so that I am actually reminded of icecream but my ice cubes smell of freezer … wha?!? … so I can’t put any in.

Hurray for green teas, there’s hope!

PS. I also had “with open eyes” earlier, but that’s a whole different note.

JustJames

i am certain you are reviewing your new butikis knowing it will torment me, lol. i ALMOST chose this one as my sample. so many choices so little budget!

Stephanie

Grapefruit Dragon is the only Butiki blend I have not been a fan of.

Nxtdoor

Stephanie, I have no idea what grapefruit dragon was even going to taste like but I was hoping for light grapefruit? I ended up pairing it with lupicia’s paradise green instead

Terri HarpLady

I still haven’t tried this one or the grapefruit dragon.

Terri – ill send you grapefruit :)

Comments

JustJames

Stephanie

Grapefruit Dragon is the only Butiki blend I have not been a fan of.

Nxtdoor

Terri HarpLady

I still haven’t tried this one or the grapefruit dragon.

Terri – ill send you grapefruit :)

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada