91
drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas
272 tasting notes

I don’t know what I did to this tea today but it tasted so different than my first attempt which was oh so yummy. I timed it but it almost tasted like I overstepped or something. I failed to get a lot of tamarind and then as it cooled it got bitter. Can’t figure out what I did. I know it’s good because I had it before. Anyway, I took the last of the sample from Dexter3657 and I am cold steeping it in a jar till tomorrow. We’ll see what happens.

Login or sign up to leave a comment.

Login or sign up to leave a comment.

Profile

Bio

Im a fairly recent follower of the loose leaf tea drinking cult. March 2013 to be exact. Never been much into tea before. Growing up in Romania, tea was something mom made for you when you were sick. As an adult, my hot beverage of choice has been coffee, both flavoured and regular. I’ve recently stumbled upon Teavana and DAVIDs TEA and quickly got addicted to the latter. Then came steepster and all else followed.

Formerly a mathematician and insurance adjuster, I gave up the corporate world and am now a professional chef. I drink wine and sometimes cheat on it with tea.

I prefer flavoured teas. It’s probably the newbie in me. I just don’t get cravings for a straight black tea. If I end up having one, I drop in a slice of lemon and artificial rum flavouring (ugh, what moron admits to this?). A black tea fixed this way reminds me of skating at an outdoor rink as a young one, with a thermos full of tea made just as I described..

Im learning so I drink them all. everything! Am even introducing myself to pu’erh. So far I can do fine with the sheng cause frankly, they don’t taste like pu’erh to me. The shou is another story.

NOTE: The virtual cupboard does NOT contain any of the samples I hold since most of them are one-cup quantity. Home improvements, mortgage, travel, wine and food have budget priority over tea.

Location

Toronto Canada

Following These People

Moderator Tools

Mark as Spammer