drank Long Life Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

Upon reviewing my previous note, the first time I drank this tea I was at work and didn’t really have good equipment. A disposable filter and a pot to boil water in. The second steep was much more flavourful so I rated it high enough.

I am now drinking it again (sipdown) and it’s like I never had this before. I used about 2 tsp for maybe 12 oz. which I think technically means I overleafed. But it is so good! So different! I know it’s different because I never tasted apricot in tea before. I sipped this expecting peach and my mouth immediately said “this ain’t peach, hon, this here is a-pri-cot!”

I am really digging this tea! And also, no sugar, yay! What a flavour difference between this tasting and the previous one.
Very apricot 1st steep at 4 minutes. Orange liquor, quite clear. For the second steep I reduced the amount of water maybe too much because I’m getting a lot less fruit and a strong oolong. I always found oolong to be a fairly light tea so am surprised at the loud second steep, almost astringent. Am also getting some orange rind taste. I’m simply amazed. Have I changed, has the tea?, do the brewing conditions matter that much? I now feel like making tea is like baking bread, you just never know!