drank Razzmatazz (organic) by DAVIDsTEA

Fruit loops. That’s what this tastes like. I kept thinking and thinking, trying to put my finger on it. And then someone wrote “fruitopia” and my brain finally formulated it: fruit loops. I don’t like milk so naturally I don’t do cereal but I did taste fruit loops on occasion.

I got this tea as a sample with my order and I thought “here goes another rose tea.” Rose hips, rose petal, same thing right? Nope. I think the lemongrass does something good here. It is there on the sip but gone in the aftertaste, replaced by some fruit thing. it tastes so sweet. You know how jam makes your mouth feel? That sweetness that somehow you feel at the back of your mouth, at the base of your tongue and almost down your throat? It even smells sweet. And someone said the dry leaves smell like alcohol. I agree. It was the first thing I thought of when I opened the sample pouch. Alcohol. Not vodka or whiskey but some sort of fermented fruity alcohol.

5g sample pack, 10 oz boiling water. 4 minutes. Although this is herbal I was afraid to bring out too much unpleasantness by leaving a full 7 minutes. (I kept thinking rose congou green). I usually reserve the higher steep time for the second steep. so if a tea says 4-7 min. I will steep first for 4 and 2nd steep for 7 min. I apply this to every tea and so far have been quite alright.

Nope, not buying this one either.

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada