drank Coconut Grove by DAVIDsTEA

I don’t like this tea. It tastes exactly like coconut water. I didn’t like Tropicalia either probably because it tastes like piña colada which I don’t like (because of the coconut). The strange thing is I like the Buttered Rum (organic) which has coconut in it, as well as the coconutty SoHo Blend (Harney & Sons) :)

The dry leaf is mostly tea with long strands of coconut throughout. It smells like sweet coconut. The brew is pale yellow (but darkens as it sits for a couple of hours). Flavour: coconut water.

I drank it iced because I couldn’t imagine it hot nor do I have any desire to try it that way.

The tea delivers what it sets out to deliver: an all coconut tea. I just wish I liked it more. It is not astringent at 3 minutes with proper water temperature. I used a heaping “perfect measure” for 8 oz of water. Easy going tea for me, although whites can be picky.

JustJames

i love coconut, but i despise coconut water. balance! it needs balance!!!