I was going to enter this as a sipdown (yay!) and then realized it wasn’t even in my cupboard. Duh. I don’t think it’s a steepster bug, I probably never added it to begin with. Will not be replenishing this (come to think of it, this was one of their web special sales so they might be discontinuing it anyway)

I started pairing food with tea. We’re cutting down on our wine consumption with dinner — our wine bill was spinning out of control! — but we still feel the need for a drink that’s not water. I figured with mushroom chicken and braised swiss chard a good lemon ginger tea would go swimmingly. My other choice was mint julep but I wanted to finish off this one.

It goes alright with the food cuts through some of the heaviness of the creamy mushroom. I congratulate myself on my amateur first pairing.:)

I started drinking loose leaf tea in the spring of 2013 (why do we feel compelled to mark the date of tea drinking somewhat like addicts counting their sobriety days?)

Never been much into tea before. Growing up in Romania, tea was something mom made for you when you were sick. As an adult, my hot beverage of choice has been coffee, both flavoured and regular. I’ve recently stumbled upon Teavana and DAVIDs TEA and quickly got addicted to the latter. Then came steepster and all else followed.

I lean heavily towards flavoured black teas. I’ve started to crave the occasional straight oolong and green but so far unflavoured black teas leave me unimpressed.

I’m learning so I drink them all. Am even introducing myself to pu’erh. So far I can do fine with the sheng cause frankly, they don’t taste like pu’erh to me. The shou is another story.

Note*: The virtual cupboard does NOT contain any of the samples I hold since most of them are one-cup quantity.

Note**: My partner, our home improvements, gadgets, mortgage, travel, wine and food have budget priority over tea.

Toronto-ish, Canada