drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Dry leaf, this smells of chocolate, or crumbled up cookies, maybe some vanilla. Brewed, it is sweet enough that no sugar is needed but if you add sweetener it could be out of this world delicious. I only added a bit of caramel creamer.

I could do without the sludge tracks it leaves in my steeper and cup but it’s what you get what with the sprinkles and chocolate chips in there. When it comes to chocolate teas, I like Love Tea #7 better but not by much.

If you haven’t tried this yet, try at least a 24 g bag for those nights you want to cozy up with some cocoa or something.

I started drinking loose leaf tea in the spring of 2013 (why do we feel compelled to mark the date of tea drinking somewhat like addicts counting their sobriety days?)

Never been much into tea before. Growing up in Romania, tea was something mom made for you when you were sick. As an adult, my hot beverage of choice has been coffee, both flavoured and regular. I’ve recently stumbled upon Teavana and DAVIDs TEA and quickly got addicted to the latter. Then came steepster and all else followed.

I lean heavily towards flavoured black teas. I’ve started to crave the occasional straight oolong and green but so far unflavoured black teas leave me unimpressed.

I’m learning so I drink them all. Am even introducing myself to pu’erh. So far I can do fine with the sheng cause frankly, they don’t taste like pu’erh to me. The shou is another story.

Note*: The virtual cupboard does NOT contain any of the samples I hold since most of them are one-cup quantity.

Note**: My partner, our home improvements, gadgets, mortgage, travel, wine and food have budget priority over tea.

Toronto-ish, Canada