drank Tokyo by Harney & Sons

Finally brewed a proper cup of Tokyo. First attempts were disastrous so I had to dump it. Both previous times I’ve either burned the leaves because I didn’t wait for the water to cool enough, I just winged it and well, some green tea you can’t do that with. Second time I didn’t set a timer because I’m so awesome..l and forgot about it for close to 10 minutes I think. It was bitter both times so watch your Tokyo, don’t just get busy and forget it.

Now that I managed to steep only 2 minutes and around 180 I can drink it. Because I can see the sesame seeds in the dry leaf I expect there to be sesame taste. Don’t get any. Also, can’t say I get caramel either. It is, however, somehow smooth and buttery and it does taste like maybe a 3rd steep of Genmaicha would. I prefer Genmaicha.

The color of the brew is pale yellow and is not very fragrant but a good sniff will tell it has the same smell as the dry leaf.

I’ll keep it just because I don’t have much straight green tea in the house. I would hardly call this flavoured despite the sesame.

Dexter

Hmmmmm, I don’t really like fussy teas. 3rd steep genmaicha – LOL you aren’t instilling a lot of confidence in me that I’m going to like this. It was in the drink next pile, it might get moved to the drink soon pile.

Nxtdoor

Drink next, for me? I’m curious if you’ll like it.

Dexter

Tommorrow…..will try it tomorrow – I’m doing comparisons between straight blacks tonight. LOL this wouldn’t go with those. (I was drinking that walnut green stuff today – need something heavier to erase that memory).

Comments

Dexter

Nxtdoor

Drink next, for me? I’m curious if you’ll like it.

Toronto Canada