drank Bai Hao Yin Zen by David's Tea

I received this with my last online order, and it is really delicious. I am hesitant to say what it tasted like but let’s just call it vegetal. Well, ok, if I searched my taste memory hard I thought maybe it tasted like peaches and cream corn (but uncooked). I don’t know. And then I looked it up on the website. Of course it’s flippin good, it’s unbelievably expensive. I think it might be the most expensive tea they carry. Now I have seen — and purchased — stuff at similar prices but it looks cheaper when it lists “1 oz = $10.00” or even “1/2 oz = $4.99”. For some reason my eyes popped out a little when I saw $19.00 for 50 g.

Maybe one day…

The leaves are so beautiful, fuzzy, white, almost unprocessed looking, if you know what I mean. Almost like it went from plant straight to package. They don’t smell like much to me in dry form — or in wet form for that matter.

I was in the mood for a tea today, not for a juice type thing. I stared for a while at my plain choices and decided against the pu’erhs and the oolongs and went with this one, not knowing what to expect. Didn’t look it up beforehand but with a name like this I assumed it was unflavoured. It really was so very good. I must have been thirsty because I finished it so fast. I am not into straight teas and certainly not into straight whites so I expected this to be a struggle. Surprise! said Bai Hao Yin Zen…