drank Tali's Masala Chai by Tealux

First off, who is Tali and why is there so much chai named after her? :p

Second, maybe I should give up my quest for chai, it is doomed, since I can’t stand milk and it seems chai and milk go together like, well, you know. I tried steeping Tao tea leaf’s masala chai in straight up milk — good spices but oh god, warm milk assaults my nostrils and I nearly barf so I boiled some water and tried to calm myself with this. If I am not careful with the milk I will develop an aversion to chai by association.

Back to this one though…The spices are quite good, balanced, but it is thin tasting. There’s a hint of ginger and clove, they do not steal the show. It wouldn’t be a good show if they did. Good overall but not essential.

Many thanks to Dexter3657 for all the chai shared with me, practically almost all the chai I’ve had. I’ve been a little gun shy in buying myself. Alas, there are two favourites still, the Laoshan Village Chai and something else I can’t quite remember. I’ll have to go through my notes but I think it was from Tealux. (Edit: yah, it was Oo Nutty Delight from Tealux)

Tuscanteal

You don’t have to brew it in milk. You can add cream and sugar instead. Just a thought. Or you can brew halg water half milk.

Nxtdoor

I hear you about the cream and sugar. I do that sometimes but I always wonder what it would taste like if I could stand the milk. Like when a person cooks but changes half the ingredients of an original recipe. You are no longer experiencing that dish as it was intended so perhaps left wondering… :)

Tuscanteal

So many different ways. We have a large Indian community here and seems every family does it differently.

Comments

Tuscanteal

Nxtdoor

Tuscanteal

Formerly a mathematician, I’m a chef and a wine lover with a trained palate but find that I lack the linguistic prowess for tea tasting notes. Now there’s something to learn!

Toronto Canada