drank S'mores by Della Terra Teas

Dang it, this tea is not doing it for me. I’m rarely the odd man out so I’m wondering why it is so with this tea.

Dry, the leaf smells great. It also looks moist. Like chocolate cake crumbs or something. I see the marshmallows in the dry leaf and I also see them floating in my steeper as I wait for it to steep but the base is quite strong and it’s not coming close to s’mores in flavour for me. I get marshmallow aftertaste and as the cup is sitting next to me I get the nice aroma wafting up at me but the taste is lacking.

I have 2 oz so I’ll play around, maybe I overstepped, maybe I overleafed (although other notes say it is too weak if you just use the 1tsp for 6 oz) at one perfect scoop for 8 oz. I added sugar only so aside from sweetening there is nothing to take away from the tea’s flavour.

Everyone is raving about this tea and it sounded so so good. Gonna rate next time around, see if I can make it work.

TheTeaFairy

Can’t STAND that one, the smell makes my stomach turn. Same with 8 candles, but I know that’s also a very popular one, so it’s probably me!

VariaTEA

I was not a huge fan at first but I ended up mixing it with DAVIDs Toasted Marshmallow and that helped

Fjellrev

I used to absolutely love this one but after 50g or so, I got really sick of it, and it was a huge chore to finish the other 50g I purchased during my S’mores craze. So looks like you’re not alone!

Tuscanteal

I kind of feel like with S’Mores in general… you go camping, you bring your chocolate, marshmellows and graham and you go nuts for your 3-4 day camping trip. Then you go home never wanting to see another marshmellow again, until the next time you go camping or are by a fire.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

VariaTEA