drank Tropical Green by Harney & Sons

The lovely TheTeaFairy sent me some of this to try. Thank you! I likely wouldn’t have picked it up because although I need some greens in the house I always forget this and place orders for mostly black teas.
I am not sure about this. Smells great, which is why I picked it second out of the swap box, but it is just a little too green and a touch bitter. I steeped for exactly 2 minutes with 160F water. I am certain about it because I timed it and I have a variable temp kettle so there’s no guesswork. So why is it bitter? Not overly bitter but enough so that I likely wouldn’t reach for it given other alternatives. If I know I wouldn’t reach for it then of course I’m not buying it. Too bad.

It does taste like tropical fruit, more mango than pineapple to me. It brews pale green and clear. You can taste a lot of base. I have added no sugar. I’m trying to get away from sugaring greens unless they are really dessert-y. Anyway. Thankful for the sample but will not purchase.

Toronto Canada