drank Melon Oolong by Lupicia

This is again from TheTeaFairy who generously shared this with me from her first Lupicia order. I put it off until I was in the right mood for it. Had it first last week but forgot to write.

It is very flavourful. Tastes like cantaloupe to me but you also get the oolong base, it is not covered up. I used a pinch of sugar to bring out the melon a bit more. The color is pale yellow and clear. It is indeed tasty, I can see why it is so popular. It’s almost like candy. BUT you have to like green oolong because you can taste it quite a bit. Reminds me of the banana oolong from DAVIDs in that there is oolong alongside the fruit and sometimes you have just a bit too much oolong.

If this was anything other than melon I might not like it but the flavour here works for me. Had it cold both times to finish off the sample. Thank you, TheTeaFairy !

Cavocorax

I love this one!

Comments

Cavocorax

I love this one!

I started drinking loose leaf tea in the spring of 2013 (why do we feel compelled to mark the date of tea drinking somewhat like addicts counting their sobriety days?)

Never been much into tea before. Growing up in Romania, tea was something mom made for you when you were sick. As an adult, my hot beverage of choice has been coffee, both flavoured and regular. I’ve recently stumbled upon Teavana and DAVIDs TEA and quickly got addicted to the latter. Then came steepster and all else followed.

I lean heavily towards flavoured black teas. I’ve started to crave the occasional straight oolong and green but so far unflavoured black teas leave me unimpressed.

I’m learning so I drink them all. Am even introducing myself to pu’erh. So far I can do fine with the sheng cause frankly, they don’t taste like pu’erh to me. The shou is another story.

Note*: The virtual cupboard does NOT contain any of the samples I hold since most of them are one-cup quantity.

Note**: My partner, our home improvements, gadgets, mortgage, travel, wine and food have budget priority over tea.

Toronto-ish, Canada