I am almost certain I wrote a note on this before but steepster says I haven’t. Oh well. I know all about disappearing notes from some of you. I even remember writing about how I liked the second steep better because the spices are more muted.

Well, anyway, so I got this during Black Friday because it seemed to be so popular on here and I was curious. Unfortunately I was really disappointed because all I get out of this tea is Cinammon. It’s also a bit bitter and needed some doctoring. I get no raisin or oatmeal or anything resembling a cookie, aside from the cinammon. It reminds me a little of DAVIDs Glitter and Gold which I also don’t dig mostly because again the spices run amok.

In fact I like this so little that I still have the full 2 oz pouch, I only made 3 cups out of it so far. Tsk.

Sarsonator

Oh no, cinnaBLARGH!!!!! One of my least favorite tea spices! Almond raisin sounds good. Too bad there’s none here.

Nxtdoor

Some stuff is just too strong for tea. Cinammon for example. Another is clove. Mint also. I love mint but I find that when there’s mint, you can be hard pressed to find stuff beyond the mint. Oh well. I guess now I have a Cinammon tea.

Sarsonator

I have to update my list of tea dislikes. Mint and melon are on there. I need to add cinnaBLARGH! And I agree… certain flavors are just overpowering. Mint absolutely tops the list, IMO!

TheTeaFairy

(It’s cinnaNOM …just sayin..)

Sarsonator

I knew you’d pop up eventually with your pro-cinnamon talk!

lupicia! MELON! OOLONG! it’s so far from oo-wrong :) even if you’re not one with the melon

OMGsrsly

(I have to agree with Sil… and I’m not one that likes melon much.)

Comments

Sarsonator

Nxtdoor

TheTeaFairy

(It’s cinnaNOM …just sayin..)

Sarsonator

I knew you’d pop up eventually with your pro-cinnamon talk!

OMGsrsly

(I have to agree with Sil… and I’m not one that likes melon much.)

I started drinking loose leaf tea in the spring of 2013 (why do we feel compelled to mark the date of tea drinking somewhat like addicts counting their sobriety days?)

Never been much into tea before. Growing up in Romania, tea was something mom made for you when you were sick. As an adult, my hot beverage of choice has been coffee, both flavoured and regular. I’ve recently stumbled upon Teavana and DAVIDs TEA and quickly got addicted to the latter. Then came steepster and all else followed.

I lean heavily towards flavoured black teas. I’ve started to crave the occasional straight oolong and green but so far unflavoured black teas leave me unimpressed.

I’m learning so I drink them all. Am even introducing myself to pu’erh. So far I can do fine with the sheng cause frankly, they don’t taste like pu’erh to me. The shou is another story.

Note*: The virtual cupboard does NOT contain any of the samples I hold since most of them are one-cup quantity.

Note**: My partner, our home improvements, gadgets, mortgage, travel, wine and food have budget priority over tea.

Toronto-ish, Canada