drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

The descriptions on the Mariage Freres website are almost too mysterious to make any sense of what they taste like. I bought this because it is one of their most popular teas – and to me it tastes like strawberries and cream. It is quite delicious and one of the Mariage Freres books has a recipe for cooking duck in MarcoPolo tea – which I tried and can also recommend – I also made my own tea jelly using this tea – although you can buy the tea jelly from them online. This aroma from this tea in the cup is beautiful – reminiscent of summertime. Lovely.

I love great tea – and I’m getting into gourmet tea to reduce my interest in gourmet food in order to lose some weight. Tea brands I can access easily near my offices and home are from Fortnum & Mason and PureTea – which are delightful. However my real passion is collecting tea and related items from Mariage Freres – and as a marketer I think their brand and story is just brilliant.

United Kingdom