This surprised me with its rich flavour. It was actually quite yummy and would be perfect sitting down to breakfast with french toast or something else sweet with syrup. Maple and then the syrup touch ring through very clear. The color is deep and red. The timing shows as 3 minutes. I typically steep for five and did with this one. It can be oversteeped! It’s pretty strong so can do bitter notes if go to five and that’s not needed. It’s also pretty yicky as it cools. Hot and fresh and steeped right, it’s an unusual and fun tea that’s warming, rich, fragrant, and highly flavored. I add a little sugar to mine as it enhances the other notes well. It’s sweet enough on its own if you don’t like sugar.

Okay, I’m much more of a tea noob than many here – and apparently a little bit of a cheapskate as well.

I can’t help it, I love the old fashioned porceline cups with dainty handles and cherry blossom tree designs. Novelty teapots will make me giggle like a child in a candyshop. I could browse online stores and stare at teaware for hours. I get all into high teas foods and treats.

I dislike mint and most florals, especially Jasmine (yech). Don’t care for Earl Grey (Bergamot flavours) but love English Breakfast. Not into bitter and highly astringest.

I’m a black tea nut. Love almost all forms of the stuff – especially digging Phoenix Pearl from Zen tea right now, divine. Have dug most of the Darjeelings, Yunnans, and Keemuns I’ve sampled.

Most of the Green tea I’ve tried isn’t for me, although I have a love for Little Coffee Shop of Horror’s Bog Goblin Green Ginger tea. Funny since I’m not crazy about lemongrass, dislike strong ginger in BLACK tea, and am not a green tea fan – but I love this tea. Go figure.

I’m not a spicy food person but I dig spice in my drinks – lattes and teas. Chais, Spicy Orange, love these.

Mulberry, Florida, United States