I was excited about this one from the description, and when I opened the bag, the gorgeous, strong smell enticed me. I was looking for an Adagio tea that would suit my cravings for a good Orange Spice, and also my love for Chai and spicy teas.

Sadly the tea was much milder than the scent. Without sugar it was basically just a plain black tea that, while smooth and warming, did not stand out with other sensational black teas from Adagio. With sugar the spices were brought out a bit, as is typical for spice teas, but it still was below the usual others I drink. It has a smooth, pleasant flavour but I couldn’t detect any Orange in there and little bite.

It’s odd but I only starting tasting the clove toward the end of my first cup. Made the tongue have a pleasant tingling and a relaxing effect. The clove turned on me though…not sure if it was because I was on my second cup and it just starts kicking in then, or else because the tea was beginning to cool. At this point the clove was about all I tasted and became too much

Okay, I’m much more of a tea noob than many here – and apparently a little bit of a cheapskate as well.

I can’t help it, I love the old fashioned porceline cups with dainty handles and cherry blossom tree designs. Novelty teapots will make me giggle like a child in a candyshop. I could browse online stores and stare at teaware for hours. I get all into high teas foods and treats.

I dislike mint and most florals, especially Jasmine (yech). Don’t care for Earl Grey (Bergamot flavours) but love English Breakfast. Not into bitter and highly astringest.

I’m a black tea nut. Love almost all forms of the stuff – especially digging Phoenix Pearl from Zen tea right now, divine. Have dug most of the Darjeelings, Yunnans, and Keemuns I’ve sampled.

Most of the Green tea I’ve tried isn’t for me, although I have a love for Little Coffee Shop of Horror’s Bog Goblin Green Ginger tea. Funny since I’m not crazy about lemongrass, dislike strong ginger in BLACK tea, and am not a green tea fan – but I love this tea. Go figure.

I’m not a spicy food person but I dig spice in my drinks – lattes and teas. Chais, Spicy Orange, love these.

Mulberry, Florida, United States