drank Christmas Tea by Twinings

Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, it’s Christmas day!

Here I sit at the computer, playing the Blue Velvet Jazz score, tasting my first sip of my best friend’s Christmas gift to me, Twining’s bagged Christmas Tea. I’m using my new little Gingerbread Christmas For-One Tea pot set I nabbed at Goodwill this month. It’s adorable and looked especially so with the little Twining’s tag hanging out of it while steeping.

Pleasantly surprised? Yep. The smell was barely existent but the taste is strong and filled with delightful Cinnamon. Christmas tea is really just a Chai Tea, but I love Chai so this is perfect. It’s ironic but recently, after trying some Chais, almost all dissappoint. I first found Chai years ago in teabag form and swooned. I have since tried Thai Chai by Adagio – yummy different sort of tropical Chai. I nabbed some Oriental Spice to hopefully serve as a Chai and Orange Spice but sadly disliked it. I also nabbed another Masali Loose Tea Chai from the local tea shop and sadly it was lackluster as well. Must I only find blissful Chai solitude within a teabag? Surely not!

This one is very rich on Cinnamon, which I enjoy, followed by a pleasant orange taste resting on the tongue. Skimming through reviews, it looks as if others sometimes note a lack of cinnamon. Odd. Perhaps the cinnamon is brought fuller out with sugar, I think. It is not heavy on other spices like traditional Chais, so it not a perfect replacement for other Chais, just a nice Christmas hot Cinnamon sweet taste, delicious.

A yummy tea that I will guarantee shall dissappear quickly from the cupboard. The box is a pleasing red design as well. It is not the stand-up shown here but mine is horizontical.

Okay, I’m much more of a tea noob than many here – and apparently a little bit of a cheapskate as well.

I can’t help it, I love the old fashioned porceline cups with dainty handles and cherry blossom tree designs. Novelty teapots will make me giggle like a child in a candyshop. I could browse online stores and stare at teaware for hours. I get all into high teas foods and treats.

I dislike mint and most florals, especially Jasmine (yech). Don’t care for Earl Grey (Bergamot flavours) but love English Breakfast. Not into bitter and highly astringest.

I’m a black tea nut. Love almost all forms of the stuff – especially digging Phoenix Pearl from Zen tea right now, divine.

Most of the Green tea I’ve tried isn’t for me, although I have a love for Coffee Shop of Horror’s Bog Goblin Green Ginger tea. Funny since I’m not crazy about lemongrass, dislike strong ginger in BLACK tea, and am not a green tea fan – but I love this tea. Go figure.

I’m not a spicy food person but I dig spice in my drinks – lattes and teas. Chais, Spicy Orange, love these.

KEEPER SHELF
Phoenix Pearl by Zen Tea
Golden Monkey (Harney & Sons or other source)
Paris by Harney & Sons
Bog Goblin Lemon Ginger Tea by Coffee Shop of Horrors
English Breakfast (Teabags) by Twining
Assam Melody by Adagio Teas
Christmas Tea (Bags) by Twinings

On the lookout for my perfect loose leaf Breakfast Tea and my ultimate Chai blend…

Mulberry, Florida, United States