Wanted to relax tonight before bed, so I thought the perfect way to do this was to take a nice, hot bubble bath, sip some Assam Melody from Adagio teas, and finish the novel I’ve been reading.

I wanted to try a sample that wasn’t too risky since I didn’t want to accidentally grab a sampler I didn’t like and be stuck with it once submerged in the tub. Chose a basic black as this seemed easy not to hate, and thankfully I was right. The smell is fragrant but not overly so, just a dependable yummy smell that all good black teas have when you inhale deeply with your nose hovering in the cup. The color was a dark red that looked rich and deep. Taste wise it was sweet and pleasant. At the very end of each sip there was a something…almost a bitterness but not quite, and I see what some mean almost about a dryness (this was hardly noticable to me, however.)

While everyone touts it’s lack of bitterness, I must say I accidentally steeped this one a little over three minutes and hit the five mark. I can see where it would be overwhelming if you oversteeped it much too long. It’s a basic clean black, pleasant and enjoyable, warmth and relaxing. There is no amazing pizazz that shouts from the cup and sings to the senses, but it’s definitely enjoyable.

Wide variety of hobbies and such – Huge music fan, bookworm, internet addict, love spending time with my son, friends, and amazing boyfriend. Enjoy facebook apps, misc. games, and a whole other list of things.

Mulberry, Florida, United States