drank Assam Melody by Adagio Teas

Wanted to relax tonight before bed, so I thought the perfect way to do this was to take a nice, hot bubble bath, sip some Assam Melody from Adagio teas, and finish the novel I’ve been reading.

I wanted to try a sample that wasn’t too risky since I didn’t want to accidentally grab a sampler I didn’t like and be stuck with it once submerged in the tub. Chose a basic black as this seemed easy not to hate, and thankfully I was right. The smell is fragrant but not overly so, just a dependable yummy smell that all good black teas have when you inhale deeply with your nose hovering in the cup. The color was a dark red that looked rich and deep. Taste wise it was sweet and pleasant. At the very end of each sip there was a something…almost a bitterness but not quite, and I see what some mean almost about a dryness (this was hardly noticable to me, however.)

While everyone touts it’s lack of bitterness, I must say I accidentally steeped this one a little over three minutes and hit the five mark. I can see where it would be overwhelming if you oversteeped it much too long. It’s a basic clean black, pleasant and enjoyable, warmth and relaxing. There is no amazing pizazz that shouts from the cup and sings to the senses, but it’s definitely enjoyable.

Okay, I’m much more of a tea noob than many here – and apparently a little bit of a cheapskate as well.

I can’t help it, I love the old fashioned porceline cups with dainty handles and cherry blossom tree designs. Novelty teapots will make me giggle like a child in a candyshop. I could browse online stores and stare at teaware for hours. I get all into high teas foods and treats.

I dislike mint and most florals, especially Jasmine (yech). Don’t care for Earl Grey (Bergamot flavours) but love English Breakfast. Not into bitter and highly astringest.

I’m a black tea nut. Love almost all forms of the stuff – especially digging Phoenix Pearl from Zen tea right now, divine.

Most of the Green tea I’ve tried isn’t for me, although I have a love for Coffee Shop of Horror’s Bog Goblin Green Ginger tea. Funny since I’m not crazy about lemongrass, dislike strong ginger in BLACK tea, and am not a green tea fan – but I love this tea. Go figure.

I’m not a spicy food person but I dig spice in my drinks – lattes and teas. Chais, Spicy Orange, love these.

KEEPER SHELF
Phoenix Pearl by Zen Tea
Golden Monkey (Harney & Sons or other source)
Paris by Harney & Sons
Bog Goblin Lemon Ginger Tea by Coffee Shop of Horrors
English Breakfast (Teabags) by Twining
Assam Melody by Adagio Teas
Christmas Tea (Bags) by Twinings

On the lookout for my perfect loose leaf Breakfast Tea and my ultimate Chai blend…

Mulberry, Florida, United States