drank White Peony by Adagio Teas

Figured I’d knock out my sampler of white tea, something I’m new to and not as crazy about in general. Tea and toast for the evening.

I’m very naive when it comes to white teas and prefer stronger blends myself. Even I can clearly tell this is a quality tea, very smooth and light ‘clean’ taste with a tad touch of grassiness. Sugar would likely kill it as it’s naturally sweet on its own. Uplifting and refreshing, just not something I’d drink normally as I enjoy more flavor. Going to retry soon by steeping longer and adding even more tea than just 2 tbs.

Basically seems like a high-quality white tea, white tea in general is just not for me. Rated this higher because it deserves it and shouldn’t only be rated by personal preference.

I made a mistake of tasting it an hour later after it had completely cooled in my teacup – had gotten quite astringent letting it sit. So, don’t do that!

Okay, I’m much more of a tea noob than many here – and apparently a little bit of a cheapskate as well.

I can’t help it, I love the old fashioned porceline cups with dainty handles and cherry blossom tree designs. Novelty teapots will make me giggle like a child in a candyshop. I could browse online stores and stare at teaware for hours. I get all into high teas foods and treats.

I dislike mint and most florals, especially Jasmine (yech). Don’t care for Earl Grey (Bergamot flavours) but love English Breakfast. Not into bitter and highly astringest.

I’m a black tea nut. Love almost all forms of the stuff – especially digging Phoenix Pearl from Zen tea right now, divine. Strangely, I’m not a darjeeling fan. I do dig Oorlongs and recently found and fell in love with Lapsang. Like golden teas.

Most of the Green tea I’ve tried isn’t for me, although I have a love for Coffee Shop of Horror’s Bog Goblin Green Ginger tea. Funny since I’m not crazy about lemongrass, dislike strong ginger in BLACK tea, and am not a green tea fan – but I love this tea. Go figure.

I’ve cut back a lot on sweet, iced tea because of weight/diet, but when I do drink that stuff, I’ve taken to iced tea cubes and fruit cubes over regular ice cubes. A lot of fun experimenting with and works so much better. No watering down.

KEEPER SHELF
Phoenix Pearl by Zen Tea
Golden Monkey (Harney & Sons or other source)
Paris by Harney & Sons
Bog Goblin Lemon Ginger Tea by Coffee Shop of Horrors
Assam Melody by Adagio Teas
Christmas Tea (Bags) by Twinings
Lapsang Souchong by Zen Tea
Florence by Harney & Sons

On the lookout for my perfect loose leaf Breakfast Tea and my ultimate Chai blend…

Besides tea, I love BOOKS and reading all sorts of things – run the website, The Paperback Stash, and active on Goodreads for several years. Also a huge music lover – books and music are my mains. Have an last.fm account and over 100 created playlists on 8tracks under JCFantasy23. Christian for life. Have a mean cat I love, a house bunny, two hermit crabs, and a black moor goldfish. People wise, blessed with the greatest son in the world, amazing parents and brother, perfect friends. Life is good.

Lakeland, Florida, United States