drank Valentines by Adagio Teas

Been curious about this one since my sample arrived – the reviews have been enticing and it’s not like anything I’m used to. The smell was divine. It was odd and I tested this with my best friend – you take one whiff, smell chocolate, close the bag. Then open the bag again, whiff again, and then you smell strawberries. Awesome.

I don’t think I’m a big flavored tea fan, and also I’m am not a fruit flavored fan. So, this one will likely not be a re-order for me.

The flavoring is brilliantly close to what it should be – tastes like dark cooking chocolate and strawberry underneath, similar to a chocolate-covered strawberry. The tea is oh-so-pretty, and really fluffs up when soaked. The smell is divinely rich and yummy, such a cute tempting thing for Valentines. <3

Munched on while playing a game of League of Legend with fiance, and heated up a plate of mini cheesecake bites and an assortment of small cookies. Figured they all went hand and hand. True enough, one bite of the chocolate cookie helped enhanced the tea flavor.

Okay, I’m much more of a tea noob than many here – and apparently a little bit of a cheapskate as well.

I can’t help it, I love the old fashioned porceline cups with dainty handles and cherry blossom tree designs. Novelty teapots will make me giggle like a child in a candyshop. I could browse online stores and stare at teaware for hours. I get all into high teas foods and treats.

I dislike mint and most florals, especially Jasmine (yech). Don’t care for Earl Grey (Bergamot flavours) but love English Breakfast. Not into bitter and highly astringest.

I’m a black tea nut. Love almost all forms of the stuff – especially digging Phoenix Pearl from Zen tea right now, divine.

Most of the Green tea I’ve tried isn’t for me, although I have a love for Coffee Shop of Horror’s Bog Goblin Green Ginger tea. Funny since I’m not crazy about lemongrass, dislike strong ginger in BLACK tea, and am not a green tea fan – but I love this tea. Go figure.

I’m not a spicy food person but I dig spice in my drinks – lattes and teas. Chais, Spicy Orange, love these.

KEEPER SHELF
Phoenix Pearl by Zen Tea
Golden Monkey (Harney & Sons or other source)
Paris by Harney & Sons
Bog Goblin Lemon Ginger Tea by Coffee Shop of Horrors
English Breakfast (Teabags) by Twining
Assam Melody by Adagio Teas
Christmas Tea (Bags) by Twinings

On the lookout for my perfect loose leaf Breakfast Tea and my ultimate Chai blend…

Mulberry, Florida, United States