1.5 tsp for 250mL water @90C, variable steep times, 3 infusions.

I am drinking a LOT of Quangzhou lately. I am getting ready to submit a new book to a publisher, and my nerves are shot. That’s my excuse.

I find the Quangzhou from my local indie shop to be better, so I figured my tide-me-over packet from DavidsTea wouldn’t be as blissful. Even so, I’m a bit disappointed. I think this batch is stale — like air got at it. The scent is faint, and it’s only good for one infusion. Quangzhou milk oolong is hard to find, so I really don’t want to take it back; besides, I’ll only get a replacement from the same batch, and someone’s got to drink it. ;) Still, I wish it was a little more potent, rather than this shady memory of itself. My rating goes down, but only because this batch is stale: 85. A good rating, but a shameful drop for Quangzhou milk oolong.

To be clear: the staff at my local DavidsTea location wouldn’t hesistate to offer a replacement. They’re really good over there.

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada