1.5 tsp for 300mL water @100C, steeped 4 minutes, drunk bare.

Trying this one again tonight, knowing this time to expect Ceylon.

CEYLON CEYLON CEYLON CEYLON CEYLON

Which is fine, if you want Ceylon. I am still grumpy about the change of this blend, as it’s hard to find a blend that’s got some China black in it. Yunnan is listed on this batch, but I swear, I cannot taste it. If you put a gun to my head, I might pick out some Darjeeling. Tastes a lot like Red Rose with some wood notes. Not brilliant. Made this for the sake of deciding which tea to drink this evening, and I’m expecting this one to go down the drain again.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Think-bodied, too. Just — sigh. I feel like I’m going out of my way to complain here, but this blend is just awful, especially when compared to what it used to be. Stale Red Rose, with some wood notes. I’d drink green-boxed Barry’s over this in a heartbeat.

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada