6 tsp (I think) for 1000mL water @100C, steeped five minutes in the Breville, basket cycle on, drunk bare.

Oh oh oh! Peppery, foresty Yunnan! Clean finish, mineral sparkle, and pepper notes that I really like. The leaves are long and spindly, so it’s hard to measure this tea in a scoop. I feel I made it too weak yesterday, but then I always find tea made in a pot versus in a smaller cup seems weaker. That’s just me. This Yunnan tea is a delight. It doesn’t have the honey-like heaviness of some, but it’s got a crisp simplicity (that’s not really a simplicity at all) tI find invigorating. Not a lot of caffeine, either: I can drink this in the evening and not disrupt my sleep. But it does energize, in a more subtle, interesting way. A treat.

Michelle Butler Hallett

It’s also just a lovely tea to look at.

TheTeaFairy

I love pepper notes in tea, it gives a little bite…invigorating is a good word for it :-)

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

It’s also just a lovely tea to look at.

TheTeaFairy

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada