My favourite Earl Grey, ever. The presence of bits of bergamot, versus ‘bergamot flavouring,’ with a decent black tea, makes an enormous difference.

Sadly, this tea is very hard to find in my part of Canada, and Numi doesn’t ship outside the US.

Beckara

Favourite Earl Grey ever, huh? I think that means it’s worth trying! I’ll be on the look out for this. I’m highly critical of Earl Greys so I really want to try this!

Michelle Butler Hallett

I like Stash’s Earl Grey, too, though their Double Bergamot knocks me over. I like Twinings Earl Grey least, finding it smells like furniture polish. I once drank a tin of it just for the sake of collecting the tin. Blech. Never again.

Now that I’ve held forth on Earl Greys, can we still be friends? ;)

Beckara

Haha, yes! Though I do actually like Twining’s Earl Grey! I get what you mean about the smell though, the ‘Lady Grey’ is a bit more mellow when it comes to that.

I have to revisit Stash, I think! I had some of their Chai in my cupboard for way too long because it was before I started drinking a lot of tea. But I’ll certainly give their Earl Grey a shot.

heatherwassing

Have you tried the Tazo Earl Grey (ordinary bag, not full leaf)?
I do not like Earl Grey teas as a rule most of the time, but the quality of the bergamot in that one is — to me — unsurpassed. It’s more floral than perfumey. Very sophisticated and lovely.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Only the full leaf, and that was steeped in milk in what Starbucks calls a London Fog, which I kinda liked, but would have liked a lot more if the tea had been steeped in a bit of boiling water first. I’ll look for the Tazo EG next time I’m missing his Earlship. Thanks.

Michelle Butler Hallett

@ Beckara: Yes, Twining’s Lady Grey is lovely, but one of those that I’m so rarely in the mood for that I don’t keep it in my stash. I do have a small bit of a blend called Baroness Grey from a local teashop, and that’s lovely, too. I’ve been working on a blend with Baroness Grey, a first-flush Darjeeling, and some smoky Caravan. Not there yet.

Beckara

OooI sounds exciting. Also, I’m becoming jealous of your local teashop!

Barb

I just checked Numi’s website and althiough they say shipping to international addresses is not a “standard” option, they do invite you to call or email them for info (scroll down almost to the bottom of this page):

mkevin

You can find this tea on Amazon. It has been my standard morning tea for a while now.

Comments

Beckara

Michelle Butler Hallett

Now that I’ve held forth on Earl Greys, can we still be friends? ;)

heatherwassing

Have you tried the Tazo Earl Grey (ordinary bag, not full leaf)?

Beckara

OooI sounds exciting. Also, I’m becoming jealous of your local teashop!

Barb

mkevin

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada