Unbalanced. Too sweet. Not enough white tea in the blend to notice. Hollow.

Beckara

I’ve never really had a Celestial Seasonings tea that I’ve particularly cared for.

Michelle Butler Hallett

I must have spent hundred of dollars over a fifteen-year period trying to find a CS tea I really liked. They all sound good on the box. Most of them smell okay, if not fab. But the taste never lives up to the smell. Two exceptions, both discontinued: Emperor’s Choice and Mandarin Spice. The MS needed an absurdly long steep to taste like anything — hello, tealight under the teapot — but once it got there, oh yum.

Beckara

I do love the fact that the only two teas that were really any good end up being the ones that are discontinued!

Comments

Beckara

Michelle Butler Hallett

Beckara

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada