4 TB for a 6-cup Brown Betty teapot, 2 packs of stevia (for the whole pot), no milk.

I don’t often make tea by the pot for myself. I like my teas and tisanes mad hot, so even a cozied pot tends to cool off long before I can finish it. And microwaved tea — I dunno, it never stays hot very long, and I figure I’m probably wrecking anything beneficial in the brew. (I have no evidence for that feeling; it’s just a personal hunch thing.)

But today I thought I’d play with my beloved Super Chocolate. Measurements above. I put the stevia in the pot with the loose leaves. No infuser. (I can often taste something papery from those handy disposable tea-sacks, and something tinny from cheaper metal infusers.) A good 15-minute steep to get things started …

If my kidneys can handle it, I might have this pot gone before it gets too cold.

That said, room temp or even chilled Super Chocolate is quite delicious, too.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada