1 TB for 450mL water, bare.

My first milk oolong, this.

The scent drove me wild. Wow. Creme brulee, condensed milk, toasty cream — oh, my. Like the silky fur of healthy short-haired cat: more, more!

First infusion (4 minutes) is more vegetal than milky, but that haunting lactose is still there. Each sip is different, with nuances of leaf, butter, faint flowers, and sweet milk. I’ve read other Steepsterites’ notes that the 2nd infuson of this one is best. I look forward to it while meantime blissing out on the first infusion.

This oolong is a totally new experience for me. And hey, it just helped keep me from freaking out about my kids spilling red soda on beige carpet.

Michelle Butler Hallett

2nd infusion, 5 minutes: much less leaf, more floral toasty cream. I’d like to try this one with many short infusions, make a day of it. Delicious oolong. My absoloute favourite oolong.

Jessie

Yep, this is my favourite to settle in and spend a lazy day with.

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

Jessie

Yep, this is my favourite to settle in and spend a lazy day with.

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada