6 tsp for 1000mL tea, Breville, 3 minute steep with basket cycle on. 85

A tasty blend, but not as complex and bright and I remember. I first tried some about a year ago and got the BAM effect. Not this time. I guess different batches going into the blend would affect that.

One thing that does bug me a bit about the copy: The company talks about tasting Darjeeling when putting this blend together, but there is no Darjeeling in the blend. It’s a mix of Yunnan, Keemun, Assam and Uva teas. That’s been revised on the packet I just got but is still on the site.

For a breakfast blend, it’s a bit on the strong side; the Keemun plays hard here. The Assam gifts some heft, but the tea is not overly malty. The Yunnan smooths it out. It’s really good, especially when compared to many “breakfast” blends out there, “breakfast” being another way of saying “floor sweepings,” I sometimes think. I like this much more than David’s Orange Pekoe and enjoy this blend when I just want some good black tea.

Michelle Butler Hallett

I once rated this tea a 98. IE9 doesn’t let me access the slider bars here, so I can’t adjust that initial rating. Today I give it an 85.

Indigobloom

have you tried firefox? That’s what I use. I’ve heard terrible things about IE9 vs IE8 to

Michelle Butler Hallett

I just might look into that. Thanks.

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

Indigobloom

Michelle Butler Hallett

I just might look into that. Thanks.

Writer and tea fiend. Author of DELUDED YOUR SAILORS, SKY WAVES, DOUBLE-BLIND, and THE SHADOW SIDE OF GRACE.

I prefer straight teas but will try almost anything … so long as it’s not tainted with hibiscus. I loathe hibiscus.

Oolongs and blacks are my favourites.

St John’s, Newfoundland, Canada