This is one of my new favorite teas. It’s the first Lapsang Souchong that I’ve tried so I can’t really compare it to any others, but this tea is perfect for me in the office. The smokiness reminds me of campfire smoke and latakia tobacco. It’s the closest thing I can get to being outdoors while still being stuck in the office.

When I first tried it, I was surprised by the intensity of the smokiness. I actually didn’t care for the first cup I made of it. I gave it another try a couple days later because the smell of it was so intriguing. I’m glad I did. Either the smoke flavor mellowed out after I opened the package or I knew what to expect so it wasn’t as overwhelming, but I enjoyed this tea immensely after the first time I tried it. I regularly grab for this one for a break during the day at the office now. I think it would be great to have outside while actually sitting around a campfire…