Business trips and conferences are rarely kind to the tea lover. Hotels always have a coffeemaker and plenty of coffee. Rarely do they have a means of getting hot water that isn’t coffee-tainted. I’ve started bringing my Hot Shot with me.

This summer, though, at our state conference, the hotel had tea. Harney & Sons, even. Yes, in bags, but I don’t mind bags at all. They had a little supply in the rooms (with a hot water dispenser, in fact), and at breakfast, they brought you a carafe of hot water and about a dozen bags of different flavors. My coworkers, bless them, tucked away the tea in their rooms each day so the staff would replace it, and presented me with a fairly large baggie full on our way home.

This tea is one of those “gifts”. A good, strong cup to convince me that I really do have to go to work today. If, for nothing else, to see my coffee-obsessed coworkers.

My love of tea started in 2001, whilst in an internship in London, England. I shared an office with a lovely man who would make me a cup of tea every morning without asking me if I even wanted it. I drink my tea neat now, because I’ve yet to find the sugar/milk combination that lives up to Pablo’s.

I drink any and all kinds of tea, and love trying new brands/varieties/flavors.

Lexington, Kentucky