I’ve been on the hunt for my perfect chamomile tea. The one that isn’t too flowery, or too heavily flavored. The one that, once I find it, I’ll always keep around. I found this at Jungle Jim’s and grabbed a couple different flavors of this brand. There’s 10 individual wrapped bags to a box, and the price point is great for trying lots of new flavors. I love almonds, so I thought maybe, just maybe, I had found my unicorn of chamomile teas.

Alas, the hunt continues.

It tastes like someone soaked the chamomile in almond extract. Or that I poured straight almond extract into a cup of chamomile tea. And lots of it. There’s no gentleness to it, just BHAM, almond right in the mouth. If you can last after that, there is a lingering sweetness to it that can be nice. Still not a blend I’d purchase again, and I’d wager that it’s going to take me a while to go through these 10 bags.

My love of tea started in 2001, whilst in an internship in London, England. I shared an office with a lovely man who would make me a cup of tea every morning without asking me if I even wanted it. I drink my tea neat now, because I’ve yet to find the sugar/milk combination that lives up to Pablo’s.

I drink any and all kinds of tea, and love trying new brands/varieties/flavors.

Lexington, Kentucky