I admit to a certain…skiddishness when it comes to chais. Until recently (cough…Frank…cough), I really hadn’t tried any that, honestly, hadn’t made me want to wash my mouth out after the first sip. I also only recently fell in love with Lapsang Souchong. So when LiberTEAS logged this, and I read the description, I was immediately intrigued. She kindly sent me a sample (thank you so much).

It’s smoky, and sweet-spicy, and delicious. Along with the Lapsang Souchong, I can taste the mate, a hint of the rooibos, and the nutmeg and cloves. Vanilla is there, too, and smooths everything together without being really obvious about it. There’s no real heat to this chai (yay!).

Thank you so much, LiberTEAS, for sending me some of this to try. It’s wonderful, and I’m pretty sure this is my favorite chai blend (though I’ve still not tried yours, yet).

My love of tea started in 2001, whilst in an internship in London, England. I shared an office with a lovely man who would make me a cup of tea every morning without asking me if I even wanted it. I drink my tea neat now, because I’ve yet to find the sugar/milk combination that lives up to Pablo’s.

I drink any and all kinds of tea, and love trying new brands/varieties/flavors.

Lexington, Kentucky