drank Flamingo Vanilla Chai by David Rio

The bright pink of this packaging called to me to find out what it was…chai tea!! Then I looked at the name…Flamingo?! They also had Orca Spice and the Tiger Spice chais, and for a moment I had a very hard time deciding…until I read that this one is decaf. Decaf!!! I had to get it.

It is an instant chai powder. I mixed according to package directions, 2 TBSP to 6 oz hot water.

I could get down on this stuff. It’s rich and creamy, strongly vanilla, but I can still taste the tea along with the spices. If you like really spicy chais, I’d say this one isn’t for you. The spices are definitely there, and well-balanced, but not strong/spicy enough for a true chai afficianado. As for me, I’m going to definitely be checking into the other flavors (there’s a Toucan one with mango on the website)!!

My love of tea started in 2001, whilst in an internship in London, England. I shared an office with a lovely man who would make me a cup of tea every morning without asking me if I even wanted it. I drink my tea neat now, because I’ve yet to find the sugar/milk combination that lives up to Pablo’s.

I drink any and all kinds of tea, and love trying new brands/varieties/flavors.

Lexington, Kentucky