drank Wild Red Tian Hu Shan by Art of Tea

It’s about 6 am, and I’ve been awake for over an hour. No, I’m not carefully stuffing a turkey for our Thanksgiving meal (I’ll frost the cake later today, but that’s probably as far as my contributions to the meal will go). I simply lack the ability to sleep in when I’m allowed to sleep in.

So, as quietly as I could in my parents’ sleep-filled house, I rummaged through my bag o’ tea to make my morning cuppa. This is one of the new teas that Cuppa started carrying, and rather than just having a cup there to try it, I went ahead and got an ounce.

Brewed up, it smells of tea and honeysuckle and earth. Taste is actually much, much weaker than the color suggests (it’s a dark amber). It’s very sweet, as though honey has been poured liberally into it. And really, that’s kinda all I’m tasting. There’s a slight tea taste, as though it were trying to over come the honey. Next time around, we’ll try a 5 minute steep. I’ll hold off on rating it until then.

My love of tea started in 2001, whilst in an internship in London, England. I shared an office with a lovely man who would make me a cup of tea every morning without asking me if I even wanted it. I drink my tea neat now, because I’ve yet to find the sugar/milk combination that lives up to Pablo’s.

I drink any and all kinds of tea, and love trying new brands/varieties/flavors.

Lexington, Kentucky