drank Decaffeinated Black by Royal Cup

Switching it up today…alternating caf/decaf since I’m feeling a bit twitchy/hyped up. I picked this up at my conference back in October; this brand is apparently their “house tea”. I was given quite a few bags of it (some decaf, some not) by various attendees who know I drink tea. I’ve been a bit wary of it, because sometimes these things turn out not-so-well…

It’s certainly not horrendous, especially for being decaf. It is, however, completely unremarkable save for the fact that it’s decaf and is 100% drinkable. No chemical taste, no bitterness, no astringency, nada. And it does, in fact, taste like tea.

I don’t know if I’d actively seek this out for purchase…I do like having decaf teas on hand, but am just as satisfied drinking herbals/rooibos. I definitely would partake if it’s the tea available at the hotel I’m at. I’m certainly satisfied by this cup, and the other bags of decaf I have won’t linger for too long.

My love of tea started in 2001, whilst in an internship in London, England. I shared an office with a lovely man who would make me a cup of tea every morning without asking me if I even wanted it. I drink my tea neat now, because I’ve yet to find the sugar/milk combination that lives up to Pablo’s.

I drink any and all kinds of tea, and love trying new brands/varieties/flavors.

Lexington, Kentucky